Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 13 Dec. 26- Day 17 Wed. Dec. 30th

Day 13 Sat. Dec. 26, 2009


Today was just a rainy lazy day!



Day 14 Sun. Dec. 27, 2009

Today we went to the Sue and David’s farm where they cooked a huge spread of food. Marg, who is Aunt Paula’s friend was there and it was nice that she was able to visit as she is dying. Sue had one of the largest lilies I have ever seen before in my life. It was nice and relaxing







Day 15, Monday Dec. 28, 2009

Today wasn’t the best day to start off with. I was really upset because of Shelby. Uncle Chip cooked Laksa for a group of friends. Mom tried it but it didn’t like her and she didn’t like it. Choo Yee, Karen, Guan Hoc, his wife Mai, and John came over and ate. Listening to the story of Guan Hoc and how the length it took to come to Australia is just amazing and listening to the superstitions they have is crazy, like the number 4 is a taboo number and if you get hit by a broom, it brings bad luck. I really enjoyed meeting these great people. Oh I learned how to eat with chopsticks. Ok well I’m not perfect by no means, but I didn’t use my fork at all.




















Day 16 Tuesday Dec. 29, 2009

Uncle Chips knees were really hurting today, so he stayed home. Aunt Paula took us to the Civic Center to go shopping and they had this amazing store that Everything in it is made in Australia. I bought a few things thinking I could find something somewhere else, but the National Geographic store didn’t have anything worth buying. I did manage to scoop up some calendars of the Australian Wildlife. Uncle Chip made another wonderful pot of beans that we ate up when we got home.



Day 17 Wed. Dec. 30, 2009

Today we went to the Pork Barrel restaurant to meet Aunt Paula’s friend Judy, Sydney and Judy’s father Bernard Campbardt. We picked up Aunt Paula’s mom Maureen as well. They had a beautiful rose garden with all different color roses, including a lavender color rose. I walked around some fountains in front of the Old Parliament Building. After lunch we dropped Maureen back off, and brought Uncle Chip back home to start dialysis, then off we went to Federal Square. It was very disappointing because they didn’t have much shops but we did stop by an aboriginal painting shop. Aunt Paula brought us back to the Australian shop in the Civic Center where I bought things for Brooklyn, James Wendy, Tani, Landon, and myself. I picked up a shirt for Alexis and a shirt and sweatshirt for Logan yesterday. I still need to find Alexis a snow globe so I hope I can find that in Sydney. Mom bought Logan a boomerang, and Alexis a necklace. I still think I need to find something for Logan as well. Back at home now and watching the Crimson Rosellas eat the bird seed from the table. They were taking a bath this morning and it was neat to watch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment