Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 23 til Home

Day 23 Tuesday Jan. 7th 2010
Today we went to the Dendy Theater to see Avatar in 3D.  They have a theater where the seats are lounge chairs and you order off of a menu and they bring you what you want at the time you want it.  Unfortunately the premium theater was sold out, but the regular theater seating was just as nice.  The seats were about as wide as a seat on a couch and they had thick arm rest so you don't touch the other person.  It was cool.

Day 24 Wed. Jan. 6 2010
Today is our last day here. It’s bitter sweet. I’m hoping that Aunt Paula and Uncle Chip have not one regret of bringing us here. I have enjoyed every min. of my stay! We went to the Old Parliament House and saw Sue. She works here and then we went to the New Parliament House. It was very fancy! Aunt Paula made mom and me a calendar of everything we have done and laminated it. Walky came over for dinner. Mom wanted pork chops so that’s what we had. All our luggage is packed and ready to go. We will have to be up at 415 in the morning and leave by 5 . I don’t want to leave the warm weather, but I do miss my kids. I will miss the warm weather, the birds and doing things I have never done before! I will NEVER forget this trip! Ever.

Day 25 Thursday Jan. 7th 2010
Today I was up bright and early at 4 am since we had to be at the airport for 530.  As usual, I was pulled aside to be checked for explosives.  I swear I have check me written on me somewhere.  Boarded the plane for Brisbane and landed on time at 705 am.  Took a bus from the domestic airport to the international airport where we went to the gate until we were all pushed back to be re-screened because we were going to LAX.  I will give thanks to the Nigerian man who caused this mess.  It was just pure Havoc. They MADE up the rules as they went.  Lucky me, I was searched twice in 5 hrs...this time they took EVERYTHING out of both my carry on bags and frisked me head to toe.  At least it could have been someone good looking, but NO,....a girl both times.  Our plane was suppose to leave at 1205 but it was over 30 mins late as we had to wait for everyone to get through the make shift security.  13 hours later we landed in LAX.  Since we took off late, we landed late and between customs, waiting 15 mins for our bags, walking a mile, and having to check back in we missed out 9 am flight (mind you this is STILL Jan. 7th starting all over again).  The next flight out wasn't until noon so we didn't get into Houston until 5 pm.  Travis met us at the airport and I stayed the night at mom's, just to get back up and do it all over again, except this time I went from Houston, Chicago to Nashville.  It is SO COLD HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment