Today we woke up bright and early at 430 am. Had to be at the Canberra Railway Station for 630 to catch our train leaving at 643 am. It was John, Ariel, Uncle Chip, Aunt Paula, mom and myself. I saw many kangaroo on our trip as we stopped in every little town imaginable. It was cloudy and rainy, overcast skies the entire time. Arrived in Sydney at 1104 am. Good thing John came along as it was quite confusing. We first caught the tram and rode it all the way down and ½ way back to the fish market where Uncle Chip had the biggest grin on his face and was just in heaven. Here we ate lunch, then caught the train back to George St. which is the main St. in Sydney. From there we caught a bus to Circular Quay where we then caught a ferry to Manly Wharf. We stopped by the ice cream shop for some yummy ice cream. I hit a few shops to pick up some things and found a hoodie I liked. We walked a little further where I was able to see Manly beach and put my feet in the cold water. As we headed back to the ferry the sun came out. Guess better late than never! Caught a train from Manly back to Central where we then caught the Canberra Railway again for our 4 hour trip back. This trip took longer as the train had issues, such as the A/C going out, the lights dimming, having to wait on other trains, etc…. It was a long ride back but an AWESOME day I will never forget! It was Uncle Chip’s first trip to Sydney as well. I think he really loved it. We all came home and crashed as we were all, yep including me, exhausted! What a wonderful way to end the trip. I was able to see the Sydney Harbor Bridge and the Opera House, two of the main attractions in Sydney! It was lovely!
Friday, January 8, 2010
Day 22 Monday Jan. 4th 2010 Sydney Trip
Day 22 Monday Jan. 4th 2010
Today we woke up bright and early at 430 am. Had to be at the Canberra Railway Station for 630 to catch our train leaving at 643 am. It was John, Ariel, Uncle Chip, Aunt Paula, mom and myself. I saw many kangaroo on our trip as we stopped in every little town imaginable. It was cloudy and rainy, overcast skies the entire time. Arrived in Sydney at 1104 am. Good thing John came along as it was quite confusing. We first caught the tram and rode it all the way down and ½ way back to the fish market where Uncle Chip had the biggest grin on his face and was just in heaven. Here we ate lunch, then caught the train back to George St. which is the main St. in Sydney. From there we caught a bus to Circular Quay where we then caught a ferry to Manly Wharf. We stopped by the ice cream shop for some yummy ice cream. I hit a few shops to pick up some things and found a hoodie I liked. We walked a little further where I was able to see Manly beach and put my feet in the cold water. As we headed back to the ferry the sun came out. Guess better late than never! Caught a train from Manly back to Central where we then caught the Canberra Railway again for our 4 hour trip back. This trip took longer as the train had issues, such as the A/C going out, the lights dimming, having to wait on other trains, etc…. It was a long ride back but an AWESOME day I will never forget! It was Uncle Chip’s first trip to Sydney as well. I think he really loved it. We all came home and crashed as we were all, yep including me, exhausted! What a wonderful way to end the trip. I was able to see the Sydney Harbor Bridge and the Opera House, two of the main attractions in Sydney! It was lovely!
Today we woke up bright and early at 430 am. Had to be at the Canberra Railway Station for 630 to catch our train leaving at 643 am. It was John, Ariel, Uncle Chip, Aunt Paula, mom and myself. I saw many kangaroo on our trip as we stopped in every little town imaginable. It was cloudy and rainy, overcast skies the entire time. Arrived in Sydney at 1104 am. Good thing John came along as it was quite confusing. We first caught the tram and rode it all the way down and ½ way back to the fish market where Uncle Chip had the biggest grin on his face and was just in heaven. Here we ate lunch, then caught the train back to George St. which is the main St. in Sydney. From there we caught a bus to Circular Quay where we then caught a ferry to Manly Wharf. We stopped by the ice cream shop for some yummy ice cream. I hit a few shops to pick up some things and found a hoodie I liked. We walked a little further where I was able to see Manly beach and put my feet in the cold water. As we headed back to the ferry the sun came out. Guess better late than never! Caught a train from Manly back to Central where we then caught the Canberra Railway again for our 4 hour trip back. This trip took longer as the train had issues, such as the A/C going out, the lights dimming, having to wait on other trains, etc…. It was a long ride back but an AWESOME day I will never forget! It was Uncle Chip’s first trip to Sydney as well. I think he really loved it. We all came home and crashed as we were all, yep including me, exhausted! What a wonderful way to end the trip. I was able to see the Sydney Harbor Bridge and the Opera House, two of the main attractions in Sydney! It was lovely!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment