Day 9 Tuesday Dec. 22, 2009
Today was a lazy day. We went to Walky’s at 3:30. The water was warm enough to swim in the pool and it was so refreshing. He cooked a spread. We had these little things that look like Hotdogs, Tiger Prawns, salad, cole slaw, porter house steak and little custard like desserts. It was a nice day! I like Walky.
Day 10 Wednesday Dec. 23, 2009
Today we went to the Australian Royal Government Mint. This is where they make all of the money. It was neat getting to see the process and then I made 3 $1.00 Australian coins for the kids that cost $3.00 each. Hmmm talk about inflation. We went to the University House for 5:30 to meet up with all of their friends. The same ones that were at the Thai Spice the first day we got here. John, Jenny, Kathy, John, Choo yee (I call him Chewy, and Auriel. Saw a Momma and Papa Duck and their 5 babies. The papa was trying to attack anyone that came close. It was a nice day.
Day 11 Thursday Dec. 24, 2009
Just a lazy day. Aunt Paula went secret girl shopping.
Day 12 Friday Dec. 25, 2009
Happy Birthday Jesus. Aunt Paula was up at 515 to start the pork roast. She and mom decorated the dining room table last night. It was beautiful. We had a wonderful spread of food and great friends. Karen, Tim, Walky, Maureen, all came over to celebrate Christmas dinner. Karen bought mom some pearl earrings and she bought me the most beautiful pearl necklace I have ever seen. Aunt Paula bought mom a lovely coin set with animals on it and she bought me the astronomy set. It was such a wonderful gift! I love it. I met Karen’s friend Tim and we all had a great time. The BEST Christmas present of all times is the trip to Australia itself. I have no idea how I can ever repay them for the generosity they have shown me and mom. I’m so blessed and grateful and I will be for the rest of my life. This is a beautiful country and I’m taking everything in while I can. The weeks are flying by and it will be time to go home before I know it. This will be a Christmas I will always remember and I hope the same goes for Mom, Uncle Chip and Aunt Paula. It is a dream come true!! More than I could ever have imagined. Thank you!
Tim and I
Uncle Chip and I
Walky and I

No comments:
Post a Comment