Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 18 Thurs. Dec. 31st - Day 21 Sunday Jan. 3rd

Day 18 Thursday Dec. 31, 2009




Today we went to the Australian War Museum. I saw the tomb of the unnamed soldier and all the different wars. It was pretty interesting. We were suppose to go to Alan and Jerde place for New Years Eve, but we decided not to go since we weren’t going there until 9. Mom and Uncle Chip went to be and I stayed up to watch the Sydney fireworks on TV. They shoot them from the Sydney Harbor Bridge. It was pretty spectacular. I would have loved to have been on one of the yachts in the harbor. It was beautiful! Happy New Year to me, as I rang it in, once again by myself. No one to kiss, just me! I hope to have a great year!





Day 19 Friday Jan. 1st 2010



Today we took a road trip to Snowy mountains passing through Bredbo, Cooma and Jindabyne where we saw Lake Jindabyne. This is such a beautiful lake! We stopped in Cooma for lunch and ate at the park under huge trees. Aunt Paula and I walked to the tourist center but it was closed so we went to a dollar store type shop. We were looking for magnets but we found Australian flag tattoos instead and went to the bathroom and put them on the inside of our forearm to see how long it would take for mom or Uncle Chip to notice. It took about 2 hours for them to notice…LOL. On the way to the snowy mountains we sang all kinds of old songs like Oh Suzanna, Kumbahya, Our Bonnie lies over the Ocean, She’ll be coming around the mountain, Waltzing Matilida, and more. I would start singing a song and they would finish it as I didn’t know ½ of the words. It was like an old movie where they were taking road trips….that’s exactly what we were doing, taking a “Road Trip” and making memories. We went to Gaden Trout Hatchery where you learned how they bread rainbow and brown trout, and salmon. It was very interesting to watch and then we took a tour around the hatchery and fed the fish in the ponds. We stopped back in Cooma on the way back and had a little snack again. It was a great day!




















Day 20 Saturday Jan. 2, 2010

Today we went to the National Museum of Australia. This place is huge and pretty neat! We had reservations at the Hyatt of Canberra and Uncle Chip’s potassium level was getting high, so we needed to go. The Hotel was beautiful and fancy and the food was great. We brought Uncle Chip home so he could start dialysis and off again we went. Aunt Paula brought us back to the Mint so we could Mint 2010 $1 coins. This is a special year because it has the 4 Monarchs and it’s the 100th year since they started minting their own coins. It also has a C on it to show that it was minted in Canberra. This will be a once in a lifetime coin and we got it on the 2nd of Jan. 2010. We then went back to the gift shop at the Museum where I found Logan a digeridoo and clap sticks. I haven’t gotten much for Logan, so I’m glad I found this. I also picked up a snow globe for Alexis just in case I didn’t find any in Sydney. She then took us up to Mt Ainslie and Red Hill where you could see the entire layout of Canberra from different sides of the City. We then went to Mt. Stromlo where they observatory was. This Mt. caught fire several years back and the trees are still trying to recover from the loss. Wouldn’t you know for my evening walk I found about 50 Kangaroos and within those Kangaroos I spotted 3 with Joeys in their pouches, and guess what I didn’t have! MY CAMERA! LOL! What a great day!




























Day 21 Sunday Jan. 3rd 2010

Today we were going to the DENDY premium theater to see Avatar but they were sold out. This premium theater is different because it has seats that lay back and a menu that you can order from and they bring food and drinks to you! We have tickets booked to go see Avatar in 3D on Tuesday instead. While I’m there I’m going to see if I can get a sneak peek into the premium theater to take a quick picture. We had a wonderful Porter House Steak for Lunch. My body isn’t going to know what to do when I get back home after eating so great for a month. I’m sure going to miss Aunt Paula, Uncle Chip and this wonderful weather!




No comments:

Post a Comment