I had to learn how to convert::
lbs into kg
milies into km
feet into meters
gallons into liters
lbs into stones
Celsius into Farienheit
I learned that:
Boot= trunk
Chemist= pharmacy
Bonnet= hood
bloak=man
bloody=damn
buggars=darn
barbie=BBQ
Spag=Spaghetti
Their money is plastic so if you wash it it won't tear. They don't have pennies or $1.00 bills. If an amount comes out to pennies they either round up or down, but if you pay with a debit/credit card it will be billed for the exact amount. It is CRAZY expensive to live and eat there. For instance 1kg of ground meet will cost you 15.00 and a dozen of eggs cost 6.50. Their gas is over 5.00 a gallon and you can bring alcohol into a facility that doesn't serve it. I drove a couple of times and finally got use to the fact that I wasn't going to die on the wrong side of the road. Our deer is like their kangaroo. You have to watch out for them at dawn and dusk, as they are dumber than deer. Deer at least look at you, Kangaroo just jump with no clue to where they are going.
There are so much more diffferences, but these are just a few, so if you are in the land down under, I hope you are rich, know how to convert and watch for Kangaroo!

No comments:
Post a Comment