A Crested Pigeon
Crimson Rosella's. They are normally in pairs. If they have babies, birds of a feather, flock together. They are in the parrot family and are native birds here
Magpie...Very popular bird in Australia
Galas
Cockatoo! Ok I know everyone has seen a cockatoo and so have I in someone's house in a cage or in a Pet Store, but never in the wild. I was able to take a picture of this one this morning. They don't like their picture being taken!
I've been here for a little over 24 hours and these are some of the birds I have seen so far. I find a peace comes over me watching these birds fly freely. The chirps are constant, and the colors are amazing! I have never seen anything like it before!
Today I was outside for quite a bit just watching the birds. Crimson Rosella's fly in pairs, normally mates. Today there were a pair and then one single one by himself. He looked older and my Aunt said he probably lost his mate. The 2 kept chasing away this 1 out of the bird feeder. I poured some seed on the table so the 1 flew to me to try to eat and the 2 kept chasing him off. This went on for hours!
My reflection on these birds is this one bird was single, but beautiful all on its own. Even though there were others trying to force him out, he stood strong and kept coming back ! God spoke to me through this bird, letting me know that it's ok to be single and alone on this earth, because He is with me and just like this bird, I am strong and beautiful all own my own!

No comments:
Post a Comment