The past few days have been pretty stressful. Yesterday I received a phone call at work from a police officer at Alexis' school saying he had Alexis in his custody and she was not able to return to class. I won't elaborate on what it was all about, but it wasn't a pleasent feeling knowing my child could have been suspended or expelled for telling an elaborate story just to fit in. The entire reason Alexis went to live with her dad was because she felt she had no friends at the school she was attending in Clarksville and wanted to go somewhere where no one knew her to get a fresh start. Alexis put on a good front to everyone saying her life was great and everyone liked her and she had no enemies, but the truth is, she is having a hard time fitting in there too. She was scared if she told me the truth that I would make her come back to live with me. She said even though it's not going great, that it is still better than what it was here. It broke my heart that she felt that way. I tried to explain to her, that I let her go because that was what SHE wanted to do, and I would still respect her wishes but I can't help fix something that I don't know about. Instead she was trying to fit in and be someone she wasn't. Her dad did the same thing. Always made up these elaborate stories to tell people to make himself look better than what he was. Her dad was out of town, her stepmom was working, so I took off work to go get her and to talk to the school. She wasn't allowed to go home, for fear of her own safety.
This morning I woke up to a phone call from Shelby telling me that his Uncle is in a coma. He took an entire bottle of Tylenol while on the phone with his daughter who lives in California and told her what he was doing and then played it off as a joke, but she heard the bottle and put her dad on hold and called 911. He has 2 grown kids and then married someone younger than me and started a new family. He has a wife, and 2 younger kids (one is Logan's age and the other is a couple of years behind). His neighbors called his wife to tell her that there was police and ambulances at her house. She was at my ex-mother in law's house and was told to stay there until she found out what was going on. When she got to the house, she saw her brother convulsing and foaming at the mouth. I've known this family for 16 years and even though I'm divorced on paper, they were still part of my life all of these years and they are still in my kids lives. He isn't expected to live. Last night they told the family to get everyone in from out of state to say their goodbye's. His kids DO NOT know the details and they don't want them to EVER know, that's why I'm being kind of vague without saying names. If he passes this week and the funeral is before Friday, I will probably be taking an emergency trip to La. before I go to Texas.
The past 2 days have been very emotional and stressful and neither seen coming. I was blind sided by both. Please keep this family in your prayers! Only a miracle can save him now!
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sorry to hear about Lex. - I'm sure you'll figure out a solution - something that will help her. Hang in there!
ReplyDelete