Right now it is Monday Dec. 14th at 2:45 pm. We left on Sat. Dec. 12th, so Sunday completely disappeared. We left Houston about 30 mins. late. LAX, was a NIGHTMARE to say the least and we barely made that plane. The 15 1/2 hour flight wasn't bad at all. We landed in Melbourne on time and had to go through customs, pick up our checked baggage and check back into Quantas on a domestic flight. Well, the Kiosk didn't recognize my name, or my confirmation number, so we had to wait in a long line and go through security again. I took off my shoes, a we are made to do in the US and a man asked me why I took off my shoes. Apparently we don't have to take off shoes in Australia. Again, our flight was boarding as we got to the gate. A very SHORT flight later we arrived in Canberra. GUESS WHAT? Mom's luggage arrived and mine didn't! They were checked in at the SAME time! It's a good thing I ALWAYS pack clothes in my carry on bag, for this reason! Just made it to my Aunt and Uncle's house and wanted to let everyone know I made it. I can't tell you how long I've actually been awake, as I didn't sleep long on the plane because I couldn't get comfortable and never have been able to sleep sitting up, but I'm not tired at all. I wasn't sure how I would react to jet lag, but I think I will be just fine.
Oh well, better get off of here. I haven't seen any kangaroo's yet, but there is a mountain across the street that they say they graze at all the time. Guess where I will be spending alot of my time at when I'm not exploring?
Love to all
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment