Saturday, December 12, 2009

Start of the trip

Hi All,

My trip started off on Friday with my plane being delayed from Nashville. Not sure why considering I had been looking at it the entire time. I had to walk outside to get on my plane. That's a first. It was a little puddle jumper plane to Chicago.  Everyone on the plane had a connecting flight and many earlier than mine, so I let a few off before me as I thought I had a few mins.  I got off the plane and went to find a restroom when I heard them pagiing my name to the gate. Now we came in at b25 and my gate was B2...UGH.  I found some airline stewardess to see if there was a house phone I could use to tell them I was on my way, but they told me to just run and I would make it. Well I ran as fast as I could with what I was tagging along and needless to say they had shut the door before I got there. I was so out of breath.  I was coughing for over and hour after that.  People were looking at me like I had the swine flu or something.  I tried plugging my laptop in and not only did the plug NOT work, but they wanted to charge me for the wireless internet. Can I say I officially DO NOT like Chicago O'Hare Airport.  I was put on the next flight out and made it to Houston, with just a little bit of turbulance, but nothing major.  Mom and Travis were waiting for me at baggage claim, then I got to go on an Easter Egg Hunt for my checked baggage.  The claim form said it made the plane, that I didn't (Go figure my luggage would get on the plane they wouldn't let me on), but come to find out, my luggage didn't make the first plane either.  Found my luggage and then off to Ace we went. (For those of you who don't know, my mom lives in Ace, Texas which is 40 miles north of Houston).  I had a great night visiting with my Mom, Brother, his son Landon, my sister and her 2 kids.  I woke up this morning sick, YUCK!  I went to visit my dad's grave since I hardly ever get to Texas and left him a message. (The cemetary is out in the middle of no where and they have a notebook in a mailbox that you can leave messages when you visit).  All my family on my mom's side is buried there. 

I now sit at the Houston Airport awaiting our 7:10 flight to LA.  We arrived early to see if we could get on an earlier flight standby, but they wanted to charge us, so we will just wait until our regular flight. As of right now all flights are ontime. I hope that we have no delays.  Once in LA we get on a plane for the next 16 hours to Melbourne, change planes and completely different airports and get on another plane for a little over and hour to Canberra. 

So, that's my adventure so far!  Stay tuned to my page.  Many more entries to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment