I prayed that He would give me the strength I needed to get to the top of this Hill which I call a mountain! This is the view I had from the bottom of the Hill looking at where I needed to go!
The entire time I was climbing, several songs kept coming to my head. One was Miley Cyrus' song 'The Climb'. Ain't about how fast I get there, Ain't about what's waiting on the other side, it's the climb! This is a personal journey for me and this day it was about the climb. Another song's lyrics came to mind was:
You Raise Me Up
When I am down and oh my soul so weary
When troubles come and my heart burden be
Then I am still and wait here in the silence
Until You come and sit with me
You raise me up so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I'm on Your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be
There is no life without it's thunder
Each restless heart beat so imperfectly
But when You come and I'm filled with wonder
Sometimes I think I glimpse eternity
Also Mighty to Save
Everyone needs compassion
Love that's never failing
Let mercy fall on me.
Everyone needs forgiveness,
The kindess of a Saviour;
The hope of nations
Saviour, He can move the mountains,
My God is Mighty to save,
He is Mighty to save
All these lyrics and more were going through my head throughout my entire climb. I didn't know the songs, I just knew what I was hearing.
I made it to the top and fell to my knees. I made a promise to God on that mountain top that only He and I will ever know and it felt so good to let it all Go!
This view is from the top. It showed me where I was and how far I had come to get to the top!
On the way down I ran into this guy and asked him nicely to let me by, that I was just trying to get home! He was nice and let me by without beating me up.

No comments:
Post a Comment