Monday, December 14, 2009

Day 2 Reflecting


In 2003 a fire came through Canberra and burned down all trees. As I was walking and talking to God today I related with this burnt Eucalyptus tree.  You can see from the pic the burnt trunk, but the top of the tree is new growth. Eucalyptus trees regenerate themselves, but you can see the past damage done.  I felt as if God was speaking to me. When the fire came and burned everything down, looking at it you would think it was dead.  I related this to being my soul for so long.  I felt dead inside at times, merely living life day to day. With God's Grace and Mercy and the death of Jesus Christ on the cross we are forgiven  and can regenerate healthy, spiritual lives, just as the tree regenerated new growth.  The charred trunk represents the past. It's dark, charred and a reminder of the bad times, where I was and how far I've come. You can always look at this tree and remember it has been burned, but you can also see how much new growth has taken place since then. So my life is like this tree. I have been burned in the past, but I have new spiritual growth and I will continue to grow!!

I never thought I would learn something from a tree, but this tree I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment